Sunday, June 7, 2009

Supper Club at the Parrish House

Back in February, a few friends decided it would be a good idea to start a supper club. As our life gets busier it gets harder and harder find time to get together. Our group has grown to six couples. We meet every other month at one of the couple's homes for dinner. We have perfected the gathering so that all of the couples that are not hosting the event that month bring wine and an appetizer. We then eat dinner and usually play games afterwards. June was designated as Parrish month and everyone headed out to Ballentine for a night of fun.
I went a bit overboard (as Adam would say) and made placecards and everything. It was the first time Adam and I have ever used our fine china so it was a monumental event. Originally, we did not have a dining room table that would seat 12 people but we did have a smaller table that would seat four. Adam and I decided we would buy a large piece of wood (it has a smooth white top) from Lowe's to put over the existing 4 person table. It looks great and once I put a table cloth on it you can't even tell that it has been rigged. You can call us MacGyver if you would like (although this time we didn't even need gum or a paperclip!).
Emily and Suzanne got their masters in health administration in May (the month between our meetings) so I made a dessert for them. I had to apply the chocolate syrup with a toothpick so all of the words would fit. It took me so long that I felt maybe if I put the picture up it would validate my hard work. Here is most of the crew minus Adam who was taking the picture. Sally and Matthew were unable to attend this month as well. We are all looking forward to August when Travis and Emily will be hosting!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting these! Very fun!! I'm following you now :)

    ReplyDelete