Monday, June 15, 2009

Monkey Joe's

My friend, Jessica, has been talking constantly about this place called Monkey Joe's that was opening in Lexington, SC. She was so excited that she wanted to be there before it even opened. I laughed at the idea but I must admit it was pretty cool to be among the first 10 people in line and given a pass for 10 free visits (worth $70)! Benson had a great time and dressed for the occasion by wearing a monkey t-shirt. Below is the beautiful Ryan family with Benson giving his "cheese" face.
Benjamin really got a great workout taking Benson up and down the slides but I'm not sure who had more fun.My friend, Beth, came into town from Oklahoma to be here for the birth of her brother's baby (Emerson). She was able to take Christian and Savanna with her for the journey. Unfortunately, she had to leave her other daughter, Shylan, at home. It was great to spend time with her and her kids. She is also pregnant again and is due in the fall! I thought it would be a great treat to take her kids to Monkey Joe's. It worked out perfectly to go on opening day with Jessica, Benjamin, and Benson.
Here is a picture of sweet Savanna and I. She was not too sure what to think about the experience at first but eventually warmed up to the idea of bouncing around.

Christian is growing up so fast. He was going up and down the slides as fast as possible. It was absolutely exhausting. I finally had to give up and just watch. It was quite a workout.

Of course, afterwards I had to take Christian and Savanna to my favorite cupcakery (thanks to Brooke) in Lexington called Bliss. It is amazing. You may think it is crazy to pay almost $3 each for a cupcake but once you have one I bet you would pay $5. On the way there, I kept telling them that they were going to taste the best cupcake in the whole wide world. It really made me smile when Beth said that once they returned home they told their grandparents that they had "the best cupcake in the whole wide world!"

No comments:

Post a Comment