Thursday, June 11, 2009

Old Friends: Good Times

On Sunday I got a call from my old friend Kelly Hinson. She let me know that she was going to be passing through Columbia on her way to a Phish concert (in typical Kelly fashion). Adam and I invited her and her boyfriend to come over for dinner. We had a great time. Adam grilled his famous salmon and Kelly brought over chocolate covered strawberries! We actually played the Wii until early in the morning (which is not exactly recommended when you have to work the next day). I had to make a few coffee stops the next morning on my way to Charlotte for work but spending time with an old friend is definately worth it! Kelly and I rarely talk or get to see each other but it was so great to see how Charlie makes her so happy.

Kelly is dating Charlie Williams (another Irmite from our graduating class). It really got me thinking how the Lord has a sense of humor. Adam and I were friends in high school but didn't start dating until years later which is the same case for Charlie and Kelly. Honestly, looking back I am glad that Adam and I did not date back then. The time apart really prepared me so that once we started dating I was ready to begin a relationship with my soulmate. I learned a lot in the time leading up to the beginning of our romantic relationship and I think that I would not have appreciated Adam for who he is had I not had the experience of dating others. The Lord certainly works in mysterious ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment