Sunday, June 28, 2009

Bachelorette Party + A Wedding = A Busy Weekend

The weekend started out with Rebekah's bachelorette party. Rebekah was one of my roommates my senior year. She just got her master's in art education and is moving to Columbia. She is getting married in July and I am an honorary bridesmaid. The wedding is in Kershaw, SC.
Saturday, we got up early and drove to Charlotte, NC. I took Adam to one of my favorite sushi bars up there. It was delicious. Then we headed to my sister's house to get ready for the wedding. One of Adam's fraternity brothers from NC State was getting married. The wedding was at Myers Park Methodist Church. We made it just in time for the wedding to start so we were sitting in the very back. Due to our location, Adam took the opportunity to high five the groom on his way out of the church with his new bride!
The reception was at Charlotte City Club. They had a great band from Atlanta called "The Maxx." We danced all night! One of my sorority sisters, Erin Edgar, was at the wedding. It is crazy what a small world it is.
Here are the guys with the groom, Chris Gaither, in the middle.
Below is a picture of all of the dates (Miranda, Kate, Tonya, and I).
Below is my favorite picture of the weekend.
After the wedding was over, we all went to Braswell's Pub. I was sitting across the small table and tried to take the picture over my head and behind me to fit everyone in (that is why Kyle Bever is making the "I don't think this is going to work but I'll cheese anyways" face)!
We stayed at my sister's house up in Charlotte which worked out great. It was such a busy weekend but everyone had a great time! We are looking forward to seeing the group the end of July when we head to Carolina Beach.

1 comment:

  1. It's just so hard being so darn popular, isn't it? ;) It looks like you guys had a lot of fun and I literally laughed out loud about Adam's high-five. I cant totally see him doing that. Niiiiice, Adam. Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete