Sunday, July 11, 2010

Grant's High School Graduation (06-03-10)

I started babysitting Grant and Rachel when I was in middle school. Our families attended the same church and they lived in a nearby neighborhood. I have many memories of their father coming to pick me up at my house (because I couldn't drive yet) and fun memories of games, ice cream, and bedtime stories. Throughout the years, I have fallen in love with this family! Every summer in college, I nannied for various families. After my sophomore year of college, I nannied for Grant, Rachel, and two other boys. You can imagine they were quite an energetic group but we had so much fun.
-
I think that your 20's can be so monumental in shaping the direction of your life if you are open and honest with who you are and who you aspire to be. That specific summer was no exception. I began seeking a path which would lead me to apply to a graduate program at the University of Tennessee. I will never forget the great advice and support that Grant and Rachel's parents gave me about my direction in life.
-
When they built their new home there was a room downstairs that they continually referenced as my room. I honestly think of them as part of my family. I would do absolutely anything for them.
-
All of this to say that I attended Grant's high school graduation from Chapin High School on June 3, 2010. It was a surreal moment that he has officially grown up and is moving on to a new chapter of his life at Furman University.
-
Can you find him?
There he is!
I shed a few tears as he walked across the stage.
Here is his beautiful sister, Rachel, who will be going into eleventh grade this fall. She has become my little sister. I don't even want to think about my breakdown when she graduates!

Grant, I am so proud of the man you have become. I look forward to celebrating many more milestones with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment