Saturday, October 3, 2009

Let's Go Tigers!

Okay, so it is confession time. As embarrassed as I am to say it, I have not been to a Clemson home football game since I graduated. It has been 4 years! Life just seems to happen. I went away to graduate school and then came back to Columbia to get married. We try to go to the NC State v. Clemson game in Raleigh when we can but it just seems like fall is such a busy time of the year and it seems like every weekend we are packing up to head to a wedding. I loved my time at Clemson so much and would not trade that experience for anything. I made wonderful friends there and learned a lot of life lessons. There are a few girls that I, unfortunately, have not seen since my wedding. We were all Zetas at Clemson and were great friends. All of my favorite Zeta memories include these crazy girls. (Picture above from left to right: Carrie Kendrick, Meredith Bado, Katy Gregg, and I. And yes, the picture was clearly taken after I spilled wine on my shirt playing "slap the bag") After communicating through facebook, we decided that we would all come up for the Clemson v. TCU game. Adam and I had to miss two weddings to go to it but nothing was going to stop me from seeing these girls. Adam and I actually went to the game without tickets. We were just going to tailgate and then come home once the game started (it was a 3:30 game) but it turned out that Katy Gregg's family had extra tickets so they graciously gave them to us.

Bado and I...
Katy and I were both psych majors and research assistants for the same professor. We pretty much took all the same classes and she was my savior. She is now finishing up getting her Doctorate at UGA. Her boyfriend, Chris, who I love is a lawyer in Spartanburg. This is one of the greatest couples I know.
Carrie and I...
Adam and I in the game...(I got a bit emotional during the alma mater. You can tell I have been crying...and, yes, Adam did pretend he did not know me at that point :)
Running down THE HILL...
What a beautiful sight!
On our way out of the game we stopped by Lori Rhodes' tailgate to see her. We had been rained on and were looking a bit rough at this point. It was so great to see her as well. Hopefully, it will not be as long until the next reunion.

No comments:

Post a Comment