Saturday, July 4, 2009

Italy: Day 1 (07-02-09)

Well, we are at the JFK airport waiting to get on the plane. We flew out of Charlotte and looked like a scene from the movie “Home Alone” running to catch our flight. It is time for our annual Kerr Family Vacation. This year, we are off to Italy - 12 days covering Rome, Italy & Florence. My mom, dad, sister (Anne Marie) and I went on a similar trip about five years ago, but since then, Anne Marie and I have both gotten hitched, so this is the first time we're taking our husbands (Joey & Adam) with us. Of all the places I've visited, Italy is my favorite - the people are friendly, the food amazing and scenery beautiful. And the food. Did I mention the food? Pasta, gelato, pizza....mmmmm, I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. Above all, the Italians seem to have a "Carpe Diem" attitude that reminds us to relish every moment and enjoy life to the fullest. Plus, don't forget the food. We're looking forward to our trip. Internet may be spotty but I'll do my best to update this blog along the way. Thanks for sharing our journey with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment