Thursday, January 28, 2010

Happy Birthday Daddy plus Lily's Gift

On January 13 my dad celebrated his 59th birthday. We went to Carraba's for dinner and had a fabulous time. I am so fortunate to have such an amazing father. The older I become the more thankful I am for the decisions and sacrifices he had to make for the benefit of our family. He is one of the best people I know. He does so much for others and most of the time they don't even know that he is their angel in disquise! I aspire to be like him and love him more than words can express.
In November my dad started telling me how excited he was to "give" Lily her Christmas present. Please note that he did not have my mom's Christmas present or anyone else's at this point but he pretty much felt like his shopping was complete. When people ask my dad if he has any grandchildren is first response is "I have a grand-dog!" I am pretty sure that is not what they are asking but he seems to think it falls in the same category. It is super cute to watch him with her.
-
So what was he so excited to give her? I would like to take this time to unveil my dad's Christmas present for Lily...
-
It's is an umbrella leach so she doesn't get wet when she has to go potty outside!
Someone seriously thought this was a good idea to invent- It is so funny. As you can see, Lily has not quite warmed up to the idea (she just doesn't understand why there is something hovering above her).

Maybe she just needs some practice to get used to it. I think I should keep the umbrella leach beside her doggy stroller. Yes, this is the most spoiled dog on the planet!

No comments:

Post a Comment