Saturday, February 13, 2010

Cupid's arrow was made out of SNOW!

On Friday night, South Carolina experienced a very rare occurance...It actually snowed! Every year there is always the possibility of storms that may come our way but they always seem to tip toe around Columbia. Occasionally we will get a few flurries. When this happens the entire city literally shuts down. Our schools close at the threat of a wintery mix.
-
After Adam and I finished eating dinner I could barely stand the wait any longer. We dug up our snow gear and layered up!
-
This was what we found...
What is the first thing you do when it snows besides make a snowangel? A snowman of course!

Once the snow slowed down we went back out to check on our big man.

We went to bed at about 1:30 in the morning but I set my alarm for 7:15am so I could try to catch the snow in the morning. 'Round here if you do see any snowflakes they are usually gone quickly so I wanted to be sure to see it in the daylight. I actually woke up at 6:30 out of excitement and got up immediately to see what was causing such a bright light in our windows!
-
This was the scene looking directly out past our front yard!
Here is our house covered in white...
Down the street...


I walked up to the entrance of the neighborhood and this was the site...

The view of our house when you turn on our street...
Looking out the back porch...

Our snowman was was made of the following: Clementine eyes, Carrot mouth and nose, Strawberry applesauce buttons, Team car flag arms, and a decorated tin for a hat...Isn't our big man cute?
Lily did not like the snow at all! She had no idea what to think of the bright white stuff that was all over everything. She spent most of her time sniffing around but at least she looked stylish in her wool peacoat!

I had such a hard time getting Lily to use the bathroom for about 14 hours. She absolutely refused to have anything to do with the cold white stuff all over the ground. After making her stay outside for about 10 minutes she finally just squatted down right on the walkway and let it go.
I guess this is what they mean by "don't eat the yellow snow..."
If you know me at all, you know that I am not a morning person (clearly, I am my mother's daughter). So after waking up at 6:30 and staying up until about 9 I was exhausted (pathetic, I know). I headed back into bed. When I woke up Adam had made me pancakes, bacon, and scrambled eggs. It was delicious and a perfect way to start a cold and lazy Saturday!
The weekend shaped up to be one to remember. Adam and I were able to spend the entire weekend together. We relaxed, watched movies, went to church, made dinners, went on walks basically anything that we did we were together. We sometimes get so caught up in the hussle and bussle of planned activities and obligations that we forget the truly important things in life. It was such a blessing to have a weekend to refocus on the essentials!

1 comment:

  1. Lily's coat is adorable and your house looked gorgeous in the snow!!

    ReplyDelete