Saturday, March 20, 2010

Cupids Chase (02-20-10)

So I haven't exactly been very good with keeping up with blogging lately. I had one really busy weekend in February where a ton of things happened and it just became a bit overwhelming to write about it all. Well more and more big events have been happening and it is time to bite the bullet so I can share them with you. I have also had a lot of people ask me why I haven't written in such a long time which is nice to know that people are looking. I will put the dates in the title so you will know when all of this happened. Here is my attempt at catching up...

I have previously written about the organization that I am a part of called Community Options. I have been chairman of their board of directors since 2008 and I am very passionate about their worthy cause. We have been planning a 5K race in order to assist with fundraising. We did one in 2008 but it was more of an awareness walk. This one was a timed 5K race on a certified course. We were able to draw in a lot more participants and running enthusiasts. Originally, the date was on February 13th (hince the name Cupid's Chase and the Valentine's Day Theme) but the police chief called the night before and said that we would be unable to do it due to the snow (see previous post). We were definately discouraged as we pushed the race back a week. I know we would have had a lot more participants if we had not changed the date. (There was another 5K race going on the same day). Anyways, it turned out to be beautiful weather and we were able to raise some funds for a great cause.

Here is the front of the T-shirt. I think it is so funny that it lists all of these big cities (Manhattan, Nashville, Pittsburgh, Dallas, etc) where the race was taking place and then you see "Irmo" in the mix. I am sure that people from the other cities all had to google where that was when they received their official t-shirt!
Here is the group lining up for the start of the race...
Taking off...
Here I am with one of the assistants from 'Strictly Running.'
Jason Richardson is on the board, too.

My sweet mom volunteered to work registration and Adam was the official photographer.
I was in charge of the metal ceremony and giving out door prizes.
Here is the finish line...
This is a video of the start of the race...

No comments:

Post a Comment