Sunday, November 1, 2009

Murder Mystery Supper Club

Last weekend our supper club met at Kyle and Francis' house for our bi-monthly dinner. They decided we would have a murder mystery dinner. Prior to the evening, we all recieved cards that had the storyline, information about our character, and costume suggestions. The plot centered around the murder of a winery owner. Adam character was Otto Von Schnapps who was a German tourist and I was Hedy Shablee a neighboring vineyard owner. Everyone came dressed up and in character! It is a lot like the game/movie Clue. We were given a story line and clues that were opened at various points in the game. Adam and Michael Jebaily (Papa Vito) did awesome. They stayed in character and actually spoke with an accent the entire time. At the end of the night, my stomach was sore from laughing so much. It was an unforgetable evening. Above is a picture of the entire group with a self timer.

Here we are on our way to the dinner...
Girl picture...
Boy picture...
Detective Nat. E. Lite interogating Hedy...
I used green felt to make Adams hat and lederhosen. He purchased the blouse from the women's department in Walmart! And yes, he was alone when he tried on and purchased this blouse. I cut his shorts almost 5 years ago for my 80s birthday party. He was not wearing them when they were cut so they are WAY too short. Needless to say, a few days later when I did laundry I did not dry those suckers as they did not need to get ANY shorter!
Ralph Rottengrape...if that's his real name...

Our amazing hosts, Kyle and Francis, who provided a wonderful meal and a great evening (complete with Saved by the Bell trivia following the game)...
Papa Vito aka Michael Jebaily...
Marilyn Merlot...
Everyone talking to Tiny Bubbles...
Bud Wiser...
And the murderer is finally captured and handcuffed...
We had so much fun we decided that we would do a Murder Mystery dinner every October. I am really looking forward to December's Super Club at Michael and English's house.

1 comment:

  1. Stephanie,
    I love you! You are always what I need to hear when I need to hear it! Please let's have a slumber party soon!!!

    ReplyDelete