Saturday, November 13, 2010

Mom's Birthday with an Extra Special Present (08-15-10)

Anne Marie's birthday is on August 5th and mom's birthday is on August 16th. Joey and Anne Marie headed to Columbia on August 15th to celebrate them both. This birthday was extra special.

My sister and Joey found out that they were expecting in July but managed to keep it a secret so that they could reveal it to my mom and dad on mom's birthday. My sister wrapped up an adorable onesize that said "Destination...Grandparent's house!" It took a minute to register with them both but my mom in shock said "No Way!...NO WAY!...Way?" It was a beautiful day filled with tears of joy and shouts of excitement and I know it is a birthday that the newly appointed Nana and Poppa will not forget!
If you know my sister, you know that she one of the most creative people to ever grace this planet. Nothing is ever done in moderation and all events are better than the one before. Each time she told a family member she wrapped up a onesie and took a quick picture right after they opened it. Anne Marie and Joey celebrated their 5 year anniversary in June and Anne Marie told Joey that she forgot to give him this gift. Here is the picture when he opened it up...
So excited to hold his "I love Daddy" onesie...
I traveled up to Charlotte for work a week after she told Joey. I really enjoy buying gifts for people- especially Anne Marie. She calls me her Personal Shopper but it is fun to buy for someone who looks adorable in everything. Anyways she told me that she bought something for me to thank me. Here is the picture once I opened it up and found an "I love my Auntie" onesie inside. Apparently the first thing I said was "Shut up!" followed by "Stop it!"...
I cried for over 2 hours straight! You can see from the picture below that it was not a "pretty cry" either...
Can you tell I'm excited?
I am truly so excited for Anne Marie and Joey! I know that they will be the best parents! I am already counting down the days until I can hold that sweet baby in my arms and I can officially introduce him/her to Aunt Tephie!

2 comments:

  1. What wonderful news - and such sweet ways to share it!! So excited for your family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stephi! You are going to be such an amazing aunt for our little one! I can't wait! Thanks for being so wonderful. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete