Monday, December 7, 2009

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care...

The morning after Thanksgiving I awoke with stars in my eyes. I had been waiting for that particular day a long time. Adam and I moved into our house in January so this was the first time that I have been able to decorate the house for Christmas. Adam and I agreed not to put up the tree until the day after Thanksgiving. We were just way too excited to wait so when we got home the night before we put on National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and got started. If you know me at all, you know that I do not like to wait to the last minute to do things and I find comfort in planning ahead. I had actually started bringing Christmas boxes down the Monday before just so that once that starting flag waived we would get right down to business.

(I purchased the penguin cookie jar a few weeks prior and just loved the fat little guy. I took a paint pen and painted on it in case you were wondering.)
I just LOVE how it glows at night. I am sure I am going to have one big electric bill this month because if I am home the first thing I do is turn on the Christmas tree (then I go take Lily out...I guess you can see where my priorities are).
The true reason for the season...
New dining room table with a Christmas centerpiece. The table seats 10 so come on over!

One of my favorite Santas...
I am already thinking about next year's Christmas and the things I need to buy at the after Christmas sales. It is amazing to me how you buy something one week and then the next week it is marked 80% off. I rarely buy decorations in November and December for this very reason (although, the penguin was a must have :)

No comments:

Post a Comment