Wednesday, December 2, 2009

So very much to be thankful for...

Who doesn't absolutely LOVE Thanksgiving? I mean, an entire holiday devoted to stuffing your face...definately for me! Adam and I drove up to Aberdeen, NC thursday morning. Adam's aunt Linda, Uncle Bill, Cousin Dede, Michael, Jack and Mac all live up there. It is a Parrish tradition that Thanksgiving takes place there and we usually have about 25 to 30 people.

As we all get older, more and more babies are joining the clan. Below is Renn and Adam's baby Will (apparently in deep concentration). We have not seen him since this summer and he sure did grow up fast. His sister, Marilyn Grace was not particularly cooperative with the camera this year. Hopefully, I will get some good pictures of her on Christmas.
My niece, Grace
Will and Grace :)
Mac
Jack


At about 1 o'clock, we all sit down to a huge spread of food. Apparently, Will really enjoyed his lunch.
Cyndi's brother, Donald, and his wife, Dwan, in their matching outfits!
Here is Adam assisting Marilyn Grace and Jack with a tough puzzle.
"What up Dawg"
We all have about an hour break after stuffing our bellies and then we head out to a nearby field for some good ol' fashioned football. It is always quite the highlight of the day but seems to be increasingly difficult each year due to the aging joints of each of the players.
Below is Grace in her first sport's photo. Kelly insisted this would not be the last.
Gearing up for the big game...
My sweet niece cheering for everyone on the sidelines. Don't let this chair fool you. this was pretty much the only time she was sitting down during the entire game. She is quite an active little girl that doesn't ever slow down.
Twins Jack and Mac posing for camera.
At the end of each game there is a traditional Winners Photo and a Losers Photo. (They have over twenty years of these pictures). Of course, I was on the winning team! In fact, I had three our of four of our teams touchdowns and was voted MVP. But I can tell you I am definately paying for it now. It has been a week since Thanksgiving and I am still using a heating pad on my back. I must really be getting old but it was definately worth it.
Below is the Losing Team. Please notice how many more players they had on their team compared to the above Winning Team (the winners team was missing one player in the above picture). I am just pointing out the obvious!
Below is Adam and I after the game. (It is also symbolic of the whooping that Clemson put on NC State this year!)
After relaxing a bit after the game and having "round two" of the lunch leftovers, we headed back to Columbia with our our bellies and hearts full!

No comments:

Post a Comment