Monday, August 3, 2009

HotLanta Here We Come

This weekend Adam and I again packed the car for a roadtrip but this time we were headed south to Atlanta. My friend Evan and her husband, Scott, just recently bought a new house. We were unable to make it to their housewarming party and this weekend was the perfect opportunity to visit. Evan and I met at Clemson and became close over our freshman year. Our friendship grew and we were bridesmaids in each others wedding. Evan and Scott moved down to Atlanta for her to attend Emory Law School. I selfishly hoped that they would move back to South Carolina upon completion but now she is officially a Georgia Peach! Isn't their new home amazing?
As soon as we got to their home, we jumped back in the car to head to the Braves v. Dodgers game. I had never gone to a Braves game before so it was a great treat for me. We had great seats right behind first base. I have never been to any sports game where I had a waitress to take our orders from a menu and then bring the food to where we were sitting!
Here is the crew...
Okay, so it rained during the game and this waitress explained that she "just had her hair did!"
One of our friends from Irmo High School (Lisa Wessinger) now works for the Braves. She has an office there and works in merchandising. I have not talked to Lisa very much since school but I let her know that were were heading to Atlanta for the game. It was was great to see her and catch up. I hope that less time goes by before I get to see her again.

Out in The Highlands after the game...
The next day, Adam and I woke up to fresh Chick-fil-a chicken biscuits (hey, we were in Atlanta and Evan gave us the all-star treatment). It was a great way to start our day. Adam and Scott went golfing while Evan and I headed out to do some damage shopping. Adam and Scott both got a Par on one of the holes so that was quite the accomplishment of the day. We then went to Blue Moon Cafe to get some pizza and calzones. After dinner, we drove Adam to meet with his childhood friend, Danny, and his sister, Julie. They live right outside of Atlanta and Adam wouldn't dream of goingn to Atlanta without seeing them. It worked out great for Adam to spend some one on one time with Danny and for me to do the same with Evan.
The next morning I woke up and drove to pick up Adam. Of course on our way home we stopped at the Georgia Outlets.

Oh, I posted this in the wrong order but after every Friday night Braves game they put on a fireworks show. I absolutely love fireworks and was thrilled to stay and see the show.

1 comment:

  1. Girl, we live in Atlanta now so hit me up next time ya'll are coming to town!! Looks like ya'll had fun down here!

    ReplyDelete