Monday, August 10, 2009

The First Anniversary of Anne Marie's 29th Birthday

My sister, Anne Marie, turned 30 on August 5! It is crazy to think that she is thirty because I know that it will not be long before I too will follow. She celebrated by having a party at her house. She loves to entertain and this was no exception. Joey (her husband) and I wanted to make sure that this party was different from the many that they throw each year. When my sister was turning 3 years-old my mom threw her a Strawberry Shortcake Birthday Party. Since she was turning 30 this year it only seemed fit to recreate it. My friend Jessica owns a company called SugarLump Stationary but they specialize in many things other than stationary. She made this amazing banner for me and also stickers that I put on the cups and balloons. (I plan to write an entire post about the great products I have purchased through Sugarlump...so stay tuned)
Below is the cake that I made for her party. It was my first "character cake" and it took a long time. Hopefully, with practice I will get faster.
I printed out a bunch of pictures of Anne Marie growing up and placed them around the house. I also had a large picture blown up so everyone could sign it.
This is the best picture from the party. She was not too happy that I displayed this picture in her house. I am pretty sure she thought she had destroyed all of the evidence of her awkward years but after a bit of digging a few things surfaced. (I must say that I am sure that we all have many photos that we wish would be destroyed-myself included but this picture is just priceless.) I would like to title the below picture as "A Beautiful Swan."
Here is the family shot from the party. Mom, dad, Uncle Joe, and Aunt Renee drove up from Columbia.
Here is us with the fun cake.
Below is Anne Marie recreating the picture from when she was three. You can see the other cake I made in the background so there would be enough cake for everyone.
Those were my party beads (thanks Rich)
Don't they look like two models?
Things always seem to get crazy at these parties.
Yeah, I'm not really sure what was happening here. All I know is that it was early morning.
Here is Anne Marie's reaction to the above shenanigans...
All in all, it was a wonderful weekend. I am so lucky to have such a great sister who does so much for so many.

No comments:

Post a Comment