Saturday, September 10, 2011

Scott Smith and Heather's Wedding (09-10-11)

On September 10, 2011 Adam and I had the opportunity to go to Scott Smith and Heather Sewell's wedding. Scott and I have known each other for about 8 years. After I started learning sign language at Clemson, I became very active in the deaf community in the upstate. Once I came home to Columbia in the summer I wanted to continue learning and meeting people in this community. I began attending First Baptist Church downtown because they have a deaf ministry. Scott Smith was one of the first people that I met. He was actually in high school at the time. I then met other amazing deaf individuals and enjoyed my time attending the deaf sunday school class and their special events. The following summer, I worked as a counselor at Camp Wonder Hands which is a fantastic camp for children in South Carolina who are deaf or hard of hearing. It was such a fun experience and I would love to do it again sometime. Scott's mother actually founded the camp.

Scott's two best friends are Chris Dorn and Joseph Chavis and they are a blast. I have been so blessed by this group of friends and appreciate their friendship so much. I remember going to Scott's wrestling match while he was in high school and it is hard to believe that he has grown up to an amazing man with an incredible wife. I have had the opportunity to meet Heather and she is just perfect for him.

Here is a picture of me with Chris (on the left) and the groom, Scott (on the right)
The beautiful reception...
A sweet first dance with a beautiful bride...
The yummy cake...
Brandy and I...

No comments:

Post a Comment