Saturday, October 2, 2010

Alaska: Day 9 (07-02-10) Victoria

The next day the boat docked in Victoria, CA. We were glad that we had visited the Butchart Gardens prior to boarding the Golden Princess as we only had a few hours to spend there today.
It is a beautiful area...
A captured moment...
Many years ago, my mom and dad took a trip to Seattle and they visited The Empress Hotel. When they returned from their trip my mom took out the fine china and prepared tea and crompets. Anne Marie and I got in our Sunday-best and we had a tea party. I was very young at the time but it is a fond memory that I have. My mom also loves watercolors and she bought one of this beautiful hotel and surrounding area which we have had hanging in our house for over 15 years.
I was very excited to finally visit The Empress Hotel!
Hydrangeas are one of my favorite flowers and we could not resist a photo shoot.

A glimpse inside The Empress Hotel...
Having tea on the deck...
A windy evening...


We then headed back to the ship after a long day...

No comments:

Post a Comment